Dates to Remember
Thursday June 1, 2017
PBC Dinner Meeting – Victoria, BC
We invite you and a guest to an extraordinary PBC event June 1, 2017 6:00-8:00pm. Come hear the latest in PBC diagnostics, treatment and symptom management from Dr. Andrew Mason. Register here.
Friday June 2, 2017
PBC Self Management Workshop – Duncan, BC
The Canadian PBC Society will be holding a PBC Self Management workshop in Duncan on June 2, 2017 from 10am- 3pm Contact Fairlie.Mendoza@cowichantribes.com for more information.
Saturday June 3, 2017
National Health & Fitness Day
PBC supports Health & Fitness Day. Have some fun today!
Sunday June 4, 2017
PBC Day at the Races
Join us for our annual fundraiser at Woodbine Racetrack in Toronto. Tickets on sale now.
Wednesday June 21, 2017
National Aboriginal Day
PBC has been identified in our Canadian Aboriginal communities. Early diagnosis ensures better health outcomes.
Sunday September 10, 2017
International PBC Day
- New Canadian PBC Patient RegistryIn 2016, we designated the proceeds of the Canadian PBC Society’s signature fundraising event, A Day at the Races, to support PBC education, awareness and research at the Toronto Centre for Liver [more]
- New European Guidelines for PBC Diagnosis and TreatmentIn March 2017 New European Guidelines for PBC Diagnosis and Treatment were published. We are very excited that these guidelines include ensuring that patients have access to PBC Patient Support [more]
- PBC Prevalence Study releasedSee the first Canadian PBC Prevalence study published March, 2017. The objectives of this study were to estimate and characterize the PBC population and associated PBC liver transplant recipients [more]
- Rare Disease Day – Focus on ResearchCongratulations to the 2017 recipient of our Outstanding PBC Research Award – Dr. Andrew Mason, Co-Director of the Centre for Excellence for Gastrointestinal Inflammation & Immunity [more]
- Telling our stories to Raise PBC AwarenessThis is the third of four PBC Profiles that will appear in the National Post Patient Diaries Series. One of the best ways to raise awareness about PBC is to get our stories told, leading to early [more]
- In MemoriamIt is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Maureen Hill. Many of you will remember Maureen as an active member of our Edmonton group. We will miss Maureen’s warm and caring nature.[more]
- Mother’s Day Self Management Workshop- TorontoOn Sunday, May 14, 2017 the Canadian PBC Society held a PBC Self Management Workshop in Toronto for 16 participants, facilitated by Anne Hartford, MSW, was a great success. See some of our photos now.[more]
- Halifax PBC Dinner/Speaker MeetingOn May 9, 2017, Dr Magnus MacLeod, Assistant Professor at Dalhousie University, talked to a group of 30 PBC patients and their guests about the latest in PBC Diagnosis, Treatment and Research. See [more]
- Regional Coordinator NewsApril 28-30, 2017 we held our first Regional Coordinators Meeting in Toronto. It was great to see representatives from across the country gather together to discuss how to better support our growing [more]
- Creating PBC Awareness through telling our storiesMembers of the Canadian PBC Society were interviewed by Post Media for a series of articles about living with PBC. This is the second of four PBC profiles that will appear in the National Post [more]
- Toronto PBC Dinner/Speaker MeetingOn International Women’s Day – March 8, 2017 a group of 60 people met in Toronto to hear about the latest in PBC Diagnosis, Treatment and Research. Thank you to presenters: Dr. Aliya [more]
- International Women’s DayCanadian PBC Society recognized International Women’s Day at our PBC dinner meeting held on March 8th, 2017 featuring speakers, Dr. Aliyah Gulamhusein and Dr. Bettina Hansen accomplished [more]
- Rare Disease Day – Focus on AdvocacyOn February 28, 2017, Rare Disease Day, Nancy Stewart and Gail Wright attended a Rare Disease Event at the Ontario Legislature, where we had the opportunity to meet Members of Provincial Parliament [more]
- Rare Disease Day- Focus on PBC AwarenessMembers of the Canadian PBC Society were interviewed by Post Media for a series of articles about living with PBC. This is the first of four PBC profiles that will appear in the National Post Patient [more]
November 18 is my liver-versary. On that date in 2015, I received the gift of life in the form of a gently used liver from a courageous stranger who has become my hero. Just one year prior, I was diagnosed with PBC. It was a disease unknown to me, but on my crash course to […]
When I was asked to write this I was not sure where or how to begin. One thing I do know is how fortunate I have been on this journey for the past seventeen years, starting with my family doctor who noticed an anomaly in the results of my blood tests. When my diagnosis was […]
I was diagnosed after testing in Jan/Feb 2014 by a gastroenterologist/hepatologist and was started on the Urso right away. In June 2014 I opted to have the Fibroscan done in Toronto and that indicated I was in stage 3 of liver fibrosis. A year later, this July 2015 I had a repeat and it indicated […]